Sparty’s Links will be moving to Thursdays, alongside our pregame preview series, Know Thy Enemy. It just doesn’t make sense to post links about stuff leading up to a game and also have links recapping the same game in a single edition of Sparty’s Links. There wouldn’t be any reason for someone to read a preview post when they can just read the recap analysis. It makes much more sense to have recap links from the previous game and preview links to the upcoming game, so that’s what we’re going to do. So without further adeau, Sparty gives you your links to prepare for opening kickoff:
- The Free Press predicts Big Ten conference finishes for MSU and U-M, along with a Big Ten champion.
- In the whole U-M practice time NCAA allegations controversy, former MSU players say the Spartans are doing it the right way.
- In a preseason of questions and uncertainty, Rex gives us the six things we know heading into the season.
- There’s a saying that says “if you have two potential starting quarterbacks, you really don’t have a starting quarterback.” MLive says MSU is the exception to that adage.
- As expected on Tuesday, Coach Dantonio announced the starting quarterback for the Montana State game: Kirk Cousins.
- The weekly press release for the first game of the season was posted on the official MSU Athletics site.
- MSU’s associate athletic director for compliance feels nothing but sympathy for her U-M counterpoint.
- Michigan State will feature a “Silver Lining” helmet decal this season, which was suggested by Coach Mark Dantonio. From Coach D:
Given the challenging economic conditions that we face in the state of Michigan, we wanted to show support for the residents and businesses in our home state and encourage everyone to unite for our common good.
- Coach Dantonio answers questions from the media in weekly Big Ten conference call.
- Adam Rittenberg says MSU has a long-term plan for success under Coach Dantonio.
- Drew Sharp says it is too soon to let Glenn Winston play. Steve Grinczel says otherwise.
- Matt Dorsey gives us an update on Michigan State recruiting, including the first two offers extended to recruits in the 2011 class and official visits this fall.
- The Other Side of Spartan Sports says hello to the Little Caesars Pizza Bowl.